Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Watch the Mic

Watching the tape [of our wedding] this past week for the first time, I realized that a bunch of people didn't put the mic close enough to their mouths, and were super hard to hear -- and everyone was too polite to say anything. I wish I'd designated someone to make sure everyone was loud enough and if they weren't to actually say something to them in the moment. - Justin

Kate's Comment: I have heard this complaint from a number of couples. It is always a good idea to have someone in charge of monitoring people holding the mic- making sure they speak loud enough, are not taking too much time (I have been at a few weddings with a 5 minute rule and think it is a good idea), do not start telling inappropriate stories, etc. This is a good role for a best man or savvy friend.

No comments: